The Coffee Break Quiz - A challenging selection of General Engineering questions and answers Sometimes you just don't know what you don't know, but you're sure that you did know or that you should know and when you see the answers you know that once upon a time you probably did know !
Challenge your colleagues - can they answer more than you ?
- The Steradian is the SI derived unit of Frequency - True or False
- The number 10 to the power of minus12 has the unit symbol "pico" - True or False
- Project Mercury was the first human spaceflight program of the United States . - True or False
- G-force is a term used in vacuum technology which is felt as negative pressure and measured by a Deceleromenter - True or False
- Bamboo is frequently used as scaffolding material in many Asian countries - True or False
- In Computer Engineering, an Algorithm is a set of mathematical "rules" applied to an input and is typically used to describe a section of computer code which performs a specific function - True or False
- Death Valley in California has the highest ever recorded temperature in the world - is it a) 46.7 deg C b) 56.7 deg C c) 66.7 deg C d) 76.7 deg C
- In Engineering design CAD refers to "As Built" drawings and stands for "Change After Done" - True or False
- 1 mile equals 1.609 km - True or False
- In Electrical Engineering - Solenoids are important because they can create controlled magnetic fields and can be used as electromagnets - True or False
SEE NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS
1) False - it is Solid Angle 2) True 3) True 4) False - it is a term for accelerations felt as weight 5) True 6) True 7) b) 56.7 deg C 8) False - it is Computer Aided Design 9) True 10) True