- Category: Engineering Trivia
The Coffee Break Quiz - A challenging selection of General Engineering questions and answers
sometimes you just don't know what you don't know, but you're sure that you did know or that you should know and when you see the answers you know that once upon a time you probably did know !
Challenge your colleagues - can they answer more than you ?
- The angle between the vertical axis of the wheels of an automobile which are used for steering and the vertical axis of the automobile when viewed from the front or rear is called the Camber Angle - True or False
- Continuum Mechanics is a branch of mechanics that deals with the analysis of the kinematics and the mechanical behavior of materials modeled as a continuous mass rather than as discrete particles - True or False
- The process of applying a protective aluminium coating to steel or iron to prevent rusting is called Galvanising - True or False
- In computing terminology - ADSL stands for - Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line - True or False
- What is the "imperial" unit of length which was used to measure the depth of water
- Investment, Die, Sand, Shell, and Spin are all types of what metal forming process
- What name is given to a mechanical joining process where a metal cylinder or solid pin is located in holes and each end deformed in order to form a fixed joint
- Chalk, limestone, and marble are common forms of what element which has the chemical symbol CaCO3
- In the context of recycling, waste water from sinks, showers, and bathtubs, but not toilets is generally referred to as what colored water
- A Rheostat is a two-terminal variable resistor - True or False
SEE NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS
1) True 2) True 3) False - the process of applying a protective ZINC coating to steel or iron to prevent rusting is called Galvanising 4) True 5) Fathom 6) Casting 7) Riveting 8) Calcium Carbonate 9) Grey Water 10) True