- Category: Engineering Trivia
The Coffee Break Quiz - A challenging selection of General Engineering questions and answers
sometimes you just don't know what you don't know, but you're sure that you did know or that you should know and when you see the answers you know that once upon a time you probably did know !
Challenge your colleagues - can they answer more than you ?
- The path along which a moving point travels in a constrained mechanical linkage system is called the - a) Lotus b) Locus c) Litmus d) Lucas
- Gib Head, Woodruff , Saddle and Parallel Sunk are types of what – a) Gears b) Keys c) Drill bits d) Transmission chains
- Which country produces the Tata automobile - a) India b) China c) Korea c) Russia
- In which country did scientists clone "glow in the dark" cats – a) USA b) China c) Russia d) Korea
- Biodiesel is a vegetable oil - or animal fat-based diesel fuel - True or False
- In computing terminology, DOS stands for Direct Operating System – True or False
- An underground layer of water bearing permeable rock or similar material from which groundwater can be extracted is called an Aqueduct - True or False
- A Rheostat is a device capable of storing electric
- It is reported that the U.S. Army is planning to build power armor similar to that used by the fictional character Iron Man. The project has been dubbed TALOS, which stands for - a) Total Armour Lift Off Suit b) Tactical Assault Light Operator Suit c) Tactical And Logistics Over Suit d) Test And Light Offensive Suit
- In engineering, a truss is a structure comprising five or more triangular units constructed with straight members whose ends are connected at joints referred to as nodes - True or False"We will either find a way, or make one!"
"We will either find a way, or make one!"
SEE NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS
1) b) Locus 2) b) Keys 3) a) India 4) d) Korea 5) True 6) False - DOS stands for Disk Operating System 7) False - An underground layer of water bearing permeable rock or similar materials from which groundwater can be extracted is called an Aquifer 8) False - A Rheostat is a two terminal variable resistor used to vary the current in the circuit (Capacitors are devices capable of storing electric charges) 9) b) Tactical Assault Light Operator Suit 10) True