- Category: Engineering Trivia
The Coffee Break Quiz - A challenging selection of General Engineering questions and answers Sometimes you just don't know what you don't know, but you're sure that you did know or that you should know and when you see the answers you know that once upon a time you probably did know !
Challenge your colleagues - can they answer more than you ?
- A parallelogram is a quadrilateral with two pairs of parallel sides - True or False
- Polarization is a property of electromagnetic waves that can oscillate with more than one orientation - True or False
- In Mechanical Engineering - A Feeler Gauge is a tool used to measure gap widths or clearance between two adjacent parts - True or False
- The number 10 to the power of 6 has the unit symbol "mega" - True or False
- In electronics digital circuit theory - sequential logic is a type of logic circuit whose output depends not only on the present value of its input signals but on the past history of its inputs - True or False
- The Doppler effect states that there is no change in frequency of a wave or periodic event for an observer who moves relative to its source - True or False
- The Apollo program for human spaceflight used the Saturn family of rockets - True or False
- An accelerometer is a device that measures angles - True or False
- In Civil Engineering, a mix of sand, gravel and crushed stone is typically called Agradoor - True or False
- Vostok Station in Antarctica has the lowest ever recorded temperature in the world - is it a) -69.2 deg C b) -79.2 deg C c) 89.2 deg C d) 99.2 deg C
SEE NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS
1) True 2) True 3) True 4) True 5) True 6) False - It is the change in frequency 7) True 8) False - it is a device that measures proper acceleration 9) False - it is Aggregate 10) c) 89.2 deg C