- Category: Engineering Trivia
The Coffee Break Quiz - A challenging selection of General Engineering questions and answers
- Sometimes you just don't know what you don't know, but you're sure that you did know or that you should know and when you see the answers you know that once upon a time you probably did know !
Challenge your colleagues - can they answer more than you ?
- Anti-personnel artillery munitions called Shrapnel Shells are named from the latin for " Indiscriminate" - True or False
- Is Shiraz a red or a white wine
- In 1908, which city became the first in the United States to institute chlorination of its water - a) Jersey City b) San Francisco c) Huston d) Boston
- Phosphorus is a nonmetallic chemical element with symbol K - True or False
- The lumen is the SI derived unit of alternating sound waves and a measure of the total "amount" of white noise emitted by a source - True or False
- Mechanical advantage is a measure of the force amplification achieved by using a tool, mechanical device or machine system - True or False
- The Panama Canal connects the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean True or False
- In process engineering, SCADA stand for Superior Capture And Dissemination of Assets - True or False
- In Electrical Engineering a UPS will typically provide a battery back up or Uninterrupted Power Supply backup - in the event of a mains power loss - True or False
- The Type 51, introduced in 1914,was the first Cadillac with a V8 engine - True or False
SEE NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS
1) False - Shrapnel is named after Major-General Henry Shrapnel, an English artillery officer 2) True 3) Red wine 4) a) Jersey City 5) False - Phosphorus is a nonmetallic chemical element with symbol P 6) False - The lumen is the SI derived unit of luminous flux and is a measure of the total "amount" of visible light emitted by a source 7) True 8) False - SCADA stands for "Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition" 9) True 10) True