- Category: Engineering Trivia
The Coffee Break Quiz - A challenging selection of General Engineering questions and answers
Sometimes you just don't know what you don't know, but you're sure that you did know or that you should know and when you see the answers you know that once upon a time you probably did know !
Challenge your colleagues - can they answer more than you ?
- What computer company was named after the founder's memories of spending a summer in an Oregon orchard - a) Dell b) Apple c) Lenovo d) ASUS
- George Nissen invented the Trampoline after observing high wire performers bouncing on safety nets - True or False
- In Process Engineering terminology - SCADA stand for "Stored and Credited Allocated Data Allowance" - True or False
- The Oroville Dam created Lake Mead in the USA - True or False
- In Computer Engineering - CRT stands for Crystal Receiver Tape - True or False
- In welding terminology - MIG stands for "Molten Industrial Gas" - True or False
- The Steradian is the unit which describes two-dimensional angular spans in three-dimensional space - True or False
- In world wide web terminology - "URL" stand for "Uniform Resource Locater" - True or False
- In Mechanical Engineering terminology - "TDC" stand for "Top Dead Centre" - True or False
- What word is used to describe the act of using other peoples' ideas and words without clearly acknowledging the source of the information - a) Planking b) Plagiarism c) Propounding d) Prolactin
When he reached the New World, Cortez burned his ships. As a result his crew was well motivated.
- The Hunt For Red October
SEE NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS
1) b) Apple 2) True 3) False - SCADA stands for "Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition" 4) False - The Hoover Dam created Lake Mead (AZ/NV) 5) False - CRT stands for Cathode Ray Tube 6) False - MIG stands for "Metal Inert Gas" 7) True - The name is derived from the Greek stereos for solid and the Latin radius for ray or beam 8) True 9) True 10) b) Plagiarism