The Coffee Break Quiz - A challenging selection of General Engineering questions and answers
Sometimes you just don't know what you don't know, but you're sure that you did know or that you should know and when you see the answers you know that once upon a time you probably did know !
Challenge your colleagues - can they answer more than you ?
- A "Harmonic Oscillator" - typically used in early clocks - is also known as a "Pendulum" - True or False
- What is the square root of 1
- Aluminium is generally recognised as being the most malleable metal - True or Fals
- Force, Mass and Acceleration are the three terms represented in Newton's second law of motion - F = MA - True or False
- Starfish do not have brains - True or False
- Telstar is the name of a series of communications satellites. The first Telstar was built by Bell Telephone Laboratories - True or False
- The Versailles (France) rail accident which occurred on 8 May 1842 was the first major rail disaster which caused multiple deaths. The cause of the accident was - a) Metal Fatigue b) Driver Error c) A Landslide d) The steam boiler exploding
- One US gallon equals 321.0 cubic inches - True or False
- Algebra is a branch of mathematics that studies triangles and the relationships between the lengths of their sides and the angles between those sides - True or False
- The effect of acceleration which is felt as weight is called G-force - The G stands for - a) Graded b) Granular c) Grabbed d) Gravitational
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty
SEE NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS
1) True 2) 1 3) False - Pure Gold is recognised as being the most malleable metal 4) True 5) True 6) True 7) a) Metal Fatigue 8) False - it is 231.0 cubic inches 9) False - It is Trigonometry 10) d) Gravitational