Engineering Trivia Quiz - Jan 17, 2011
This Weeks Trivia Quiz Questions
How good is your general Engineering knowledge ?
It is also good to answer trivia questions in a group situation.
Maybe in a coffee or lunch break - print out the questions and see how good your group is.
It is often difficult for a single individual to have the spread of knowledge, but it is interesting to see what obscure knowledge people do in fact have tucked away in the dark recesses of their brains.
Answering trivia questions can also be used as a lead in to business activities.
For example as a starter to a meeting or similar activity which needs some lateral thinking or brainstorming, it can break the ice and get people to start thinking "outside of the square"
Hold down the left mouse button and drag below - to reveal the answer
- In the Roman numeral system, What does the letter D equal
- Who is the founder of the WikiLeaks web site
- The HMMWV is a military 4 wheel drive motor vehicle used by the US army. What does HMMWV stand for
- What is the value of pi to 5 places of decimal
- What is the name of the thread form often used in vices or artillery which has two different thread profiles. It is designed to handle very high axial thrust in one direction with a square thread form and a sloping thread form (typically at 45 deg) on the other side
- What chemical element has the symbol Ti and atomic number 22
- In electrical engineering, what name is given to is the minimum current needing to flow through a newly-closed mechanical switch or relay in order to break through any film that may have been deposited on the switch contacts while open
- One yard equals how many meters
- Which metal has the highest strength to weight ratio
- What is the name of the motorcycle manufacturer located in Bologna , Italy which was founded by brothers Adriano, Marcello and Bruno in 1926. It is best known for high performance motorcycles running large capacity four-stroke engines featuring a desmodromic valve design
1) Five Hundred 2) Julian Assange 3) High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle (also known as a Humvee) 4) 3.14159 5) Buttress Thread 6) Titanium 7) Wetting Current (or Sealing Current) 8) 0.914 4 meter 9) Titanium (Ti) 10) Ducati
Monday 17 January, 2011 09:24 AM