Engineering Trivia Quiz - Jan 24, 2011
This Weeks Trivia Quiz Questions
How good is your general Engineering knowledge ?
It is good to answer trivia questions in a group situation.
Maybe in a coffee or lunch break - print out the questions and see how good your group is.
It is often difficult for a single individual to have the spread of knowledge, but it is interesting to see what obscure knowledge people do in fact have tucked away in the dark recesses of their brains.
Answering trivia questions can also be used as a lead in to business activities.
For example as a starter to a meeting or similar activity which needs some lateral thinking or brainstorming, it can break the ice and get people to start thinking "outside of the square"
- Leo Apotheker is the Chief Executive of which company
- Beginning with the letter "C", what name describes the location of objects which share the same center , axis or origin . One of the most familiar examples is the evenly spaced circles of a target
- Sputnik 1 was launched into space by the Soviet Union in what year, a) 1947 b) 1957 c) 1967
- What was the name of the home entertainment system developed by Japanese company JVC and first introduced at the Consumer Electronics Show in Chicago on June 4, 1977
- In Engineering and beginning with the letter "G", what name is given to adhesive wear and transfer of material between metallic surfaces during sheet metal forming and other industrial operations where relative motion is involved
- What is the 2 word name for a mounted plain or roller bearing used to provide support for a rotating shaft with the mounting surface on a parallel line with the axis of the shaft
- What name is given to a lawn game , played both as a recreational pastime and as a competitive sport . It involves hitting wooden or plastic balls with a mallet through hoops embedded into the grass playing court
- When used in construction terminology, the word "plumb" generally refers to a) an exact 45 degree angle b) a perfect circle c) perfectly vertical d) perfectly level
- Lada cars are manufactured in which country
- What nationality is Julian Assange, the founder of the WikiLeaks web site
Hold down the left mouse button and drag below - to reveal the answer
1) Hewlett-Packard 2) Concentric 3) b) 1957 4) VHS or to give it the full title - The Video Home System 5) Galling 6) Pillow Block or Plummer Block 7) Croquet 8) c) perfectly vertical 9) Russia 10) Australian
Monday 24 January, 2011 09:23 AM