Engineering Trivia Quiz - Jan 31, 2011
This Weeks Trivia Quiz Questions
How good is your general Engineering knowledge ?
It's good to answer trivia questions in a group situation.
Maybe in a coffee or lunch break - print out the questions and see how good your group is.
It's often difficult for a single individual to have the spread of knowledge, but it is interesting to see what obscure knowledge people do in fact have tucked away in the dark recesses of their brains.
Sometimes an answer is a combination of knowledge from different people.
One person starts the ball rolling and others can piggy back from that start
Answering trivia questions can also be used as a lead in to business activities.
Typically as a starter to meetings, in order to "break the ice" and get some lateral thinking or maybe to start a brainstorming session. It can start the thinking process and get people to look "outside of the square"
Complimentary to, and also an excellent way to develop and stimulate the thought process is to use creativity exercises such as those found on sites like as http://creativitygames.net/
- Vikram Pandit is the CEO of which banking group
- What was the name of the first artificial satellite
- Which company developed the Betamax home videocassette tape recording format which was released in 1975
- Beginning with the letter "A", what is the name of the chemical element with the symbol Sb and an atomic number of 51. It is a silvery lustrous grey metalloid which is found in nature mainly as the sulfide mineral stibnite
- In Mechanical Engineering, what name beginning with the letter 'J" is given to the most common type of plain bearing which is typically a shaft rotating in a bearing surface
- What name is given to a thin plate with a hole that is typically used to distribute the load of a threaded fastener , such as a screw or nut and is also often used as a spacer
- Beginning with the letter "M", what name is given to a type of hammer , often made of wood or other soft material and with a relatively large head
- Leonhard Euler, the mathematician and physicist was born in which country
a) Germany b) France c) Austria d) Switzerland
- In the Roman numeral system, what does the letter X equal
- In electrical engineering, DIP switches are designed to be used on a printed circuit board along with other electronic components and are commonly used to customize the behavior of an electronic device for specific situations. What does DIP stand for
Hold down the left mouse button and drag below - to reveal the answer
1) Citigroup 2) Sputnik 1 3) Sony 4) Antimony 5) Journal Bearing 6) Washer 7) Mallet 8) d) Switzerland 9) Ten 10) Dual Inline Package
Monday 31 January, 2011 08:47 AM