Engineering Trivia Quiz - Feb 7, 2011
This Weeks Trivia Quiz Questions
A mix of General Engineering Trivia - how good is your knowledge?
It's good to answer trivia questions in a group situation.
Maybe in a coffee or lunch break - print out the questions and see how good your group is.
It's often difficult for a single individual to have the spread of knowledge, but it is interesting to see what obscure knowledge people do in fact have tucked away in the dark recesses of their brains.
Sometimes an answer is a combination of knowledge from different people.
One person starts the ball rolling and others can piggy back from that start
Answering trivia questions can also be used as a lead in to business activities.
Typically as a starter to meetings, in order to "break the ice" and get some lateral thinking or maybe to start a brainstorming session. It can start the thinking process and get people to look "outside of the square"
Complimentary to, and also an excellent way to develop and stimulate the thought process is to use creativity exercises such as those found on sites like as http://creativitygames.net/
- Pizza Hut, Taco Bell and KFC are owned by which company
- In Chemical Engineering, what name is given to the cloudiness or haziness of a fluid caused by individual particles or suspended solids
- Produced by Du Pont, what is the trade name for Polyamide
- What name, beginning with the letter "T" describes the path a moving object follows through space as a function of time
- Although largely superseded, VHS is a consumer-level video standard developed by Japanese company JVC and launched in 1976. What does VHS stand for
- Within an internal combustion engine, what name is given to the pin which connects the piston to the connecting rod and provides a bearing for the connecting rod to pivot upon as the piston moves
- In Engineering and beginning with the letter 'D”, what name is given to a sheet of a semi-flexible material which is fixed at its periphery and usually circular. Typically it is used as a flexible barrier between two chambers
- With which American auto maker would you associate the name Charger
- What name is given to an extreme or irrational fear of heights
- Beginning with the letter "P", what name is given to a volcanic rock that is a solidified frothy lava , typically created when super-heated, highly pressurized rock is violently ejected from a volcano , it can also be formed when lava and water are mixed
Hold down the left mouse button and drag below - to reveal the answer
1) Yum Brands 2) Turbidity 3) Nylon 4) Trajectory 5) Video Home System 6) Gudgeon Pin - UK or Wrist Pin - US 7) Diaphragm 8) Dodge 9) Acrophobia 10) Pumice
Monday 7 February, 2011 08:06 AM