Engineering Trivia Quiz - April 18, 2011
This Weeks Engineering Trivia Quiz Questions
Engineers love a challenge and there is no better challenge than to test General Engineering Knowledge.
It's often difficult for a single individual to have the spread of knowledge to answer all of the questions, but a group of Engineers often do in fact have many of the answers tucked away in the dark recesses of their brains.
Many times an answer is a combination of knowledge from different people.
One person starts the ball rolling and others piggy back from that start
Answering trivia questions can also be used as a lead in to business activities.
Typically as a starter to meetings, in order to "break the ice" and get some lateral thinking or maybe to start a brainstorming session. It can start the thinking process and get people to look "outside of the square".
Complimentary to, and also an excellent way to develop and stimulate the thought process is to use creativity exercises such as those found on sites such as as http://creativitygames.net/
If you are organising a trivia competition, feel free to use any of the engcom questions and please give us a mention. Maybe your company has an internal (or external) news letter. We don't own the knowledge, but an acknowledgement would be appreciated
- What does a Secchi Disk measure
- Which company manufactures the C-130 Hercules
- Which international automobile company is headquartered in Wolfsburg, Lower Saxony, Germany
- In the Roman numeral system, what is the number LXXX
- Dr Jeffrey Liker published a book called "The Toyota Way". It is a set of principles and behaviors that underlie the Toyota Motor Corporation's managerial approach and production system. How many principles are there
- A celestial body that (a) is in orbit around the Sun, (b) has sufficient mass for its self-gravity to overcome rigid body forces so that it assumes a hydrostatic equilibrium (nearly round) shape, and (c) has cleared the neighborhood around its orbit is called what
- Highly radioactive, what is the chemical element represented by the symbol Ra
- Beginning with the let "L", What name is given to a fastening device that is released by mechanical or electronic input
- A regular polygon with all angles measuring 60° is also called a what triangle
- What name is given to a weapon consisting of a flexible arc mounted on a stock that shoots projectiles, often called bolts or quarrels
Hold down the left mouse button and drag below - to reveal the answer
1) Turbidity in open water such as lakes or oceans 2) Lockheed Martin 3) Volkswagen 4) 80 5) 14 principles 6) Planet 7) Radium 8) Lock 9) Equilateral Triangle 10) Crossbow
Wednesday 20 April, 2011 10:16 AM