Engineering Trivia Quiz - Nov 07, 2011
This Weeks Engineering Trivia Quiz
Try the Coffee Break Quiz - A challenging mix of general Engineering questions and answers
Sometimes you just don't know - what you don't know - but you're sure that you did know or that you should know!
Then again ......
- In the context of lean manufacturing, what is the literal meaning of the Japanese word "KANBAN"
- Shigeo Shingo was a Japanese industrial engineer associated with which area a) RF improvement b) PLC development c) Manufacturing practises d) Steelmaking
- The cementation process is an obsolete technique for making a) steel b) cement c) acid d) hydrogen
- What name is given to a block with a hard surface on which another object is struck. Inertia allows the energy of the striking tool to be transferred to the work piece. Typically it is used as a forging tool and it was a primary tool of Blacksmiths and Metal Workers before welding
- 1 horse power equals how many kilowatts
- What was Thomas Edisons middle name
- What percentage of the power consumed by an incandescent light bulb is emitted as heat, rather than visible light a) 70% b) 80% c) 90%
- In Physics and beginning with the letter "R", what name is given to the tendency of a system to oscillate at a greater amplitude at some frequencies than at others
- In electronics a switch may be abbreviated to "SPST" - what does this mean
- Maybe not an Engineering question - but I like to mix it up a bit and challenge the mind
Who was the Roman Goddess of love and beauty
Hold down the left mouse button and drag below - to reveal the answer
1) Signboard or Billboard 2) c) Manufacturing practises 3) a) steel 4) Anvil 5) 0.745 700 6) Alva 7) c) 90% 8) Resonance 9) Single pole, single throw 10) Venus
Sunday 6 November, 2011 08:23 AM