The Coffee Break Quiz - A challenging selection of General Engineering questions and answers
sometimes you just don't know what you don't know, but you're sure that you did know or that you should know and when you see the answers you know that once upon a time you probably did know !
Challenge your colleagues - can they answer more than you ?
- The Fischer-Tropsch process is a chemical reaction which produces rainwater from cloud formations – True or False
- What were military dictators of Japan historically called – a) Ninjas b) Shoguns c) Samurai d) Shinwari
- In Physics, Acceleration is the rate at which the velocity of an object changes with time – True or False
- The Miller cycle is the basis of a thermodynamic internal combustion engine which is named after its inventor – Ralph Miller – what nationality was Ralph Miller – a) Australian b) American c) English d) South African
- A chain is a unit of length which was commonly used in surveying – how many square chains in an acre – a) 10 b) 12 c) 15 d) 20
- What is West Texas Intermediate- a) a Food b) an Oil c) a Currency d) an Educational Certificate
- The Euler angles are three angles specified by Leonhard Euler to describe the orientation of a rigid body – True or False
- In What year was the first Ford Mustang automobile released – a) 1962 b) 1963 c) 1964 d) 1965
- What form of transport is the BMW Z3 – a) Jet ski b) Automobile c) Motorcycle d) Bicycle
- What name is given to an artificial channel or bridge which is constructed to convey water from one location to another – a) Monolith b) Aqueduct c) Quoin d) Aquifer
SEE NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS
1) False - Developed by Franz Fischer and Hans Tropsch in Germany in 1925 - The Fischer–Tropsch process converts carbon monoxide and hydrogen into liquid hydrocarbons 2) b) Shoguns 3) True 4) b) American 5) a) 10 6) b) an Oil 7) True 8) c)1964 9) b) Automobile 10) b) Aqueduct