- Category: Engineering Trivia
The Coffee Break Quiz - A challenging selection of General Engineering questions and answers
sometimes you just don't know what you don't know, but you're sure that you did know or that you should know and when you see the answers you know that once upon a time you probably did know !
Challenge your colleagues - can they answer more than you ?
- The name Pig Iron comes from the layout of the mould's, which look like a litter of piglets feeding off a mother pig – True or False
- Completed in 1889, the Eiffel Tower replaced the Washington Monument as the worlds tallest man made structure – True or False
- The measure of the Opposition that a circuit presents to a current when a voltage is applied is called - a) Electrical Impedance b) Amperage c) Voltage d) Resistance
- In 1895, German physicist Wilhelm Conrad Roentgen invented the use of electromagnetic radiation to take images of bones and organs inside the human body, which later led to the invention of the X-Ray Machine – True or False
- Tsar-Kolokol is the largest bell in the world – tho' it doesn't work – in which country is it located - a) Czechoslovakia b) Hungary c) Poland d) Russia
- Chang'e 1 was Chinas first lunar probe – True or False
- Which city installed the first Electric traffic lights – a) New York b) Boston c) Cleveland d) Detroit
- Which famous ancient city was said to be built on seven hills – Alexandria b) Rome c) Cairo d) Beijing
- What is the name given to a locus which is described by the end of a length of string as it is unwound under tension from around the circumference of a circle – a) Involute of the circle b) Inverse of the circle c) Parabola of the circle d) Circumference of the circle
- The Ozone Layer was discovered by French physicists Charles Fabry and Henri Buisson in what year - a) 1890 b) 1913 c) 1934 d) 1945
The crisis of yesterday is the joke of tomorrow.
H. G. Wells
SEE NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS
1) True 2) True 3) a) Electrical Impedance 4) True 5) d) Russia 6) True 7) c) Cleveland Ohio 8) b) Rome 9) a) Involute of the circle 10) b) 1913